Thursday, March 31, 2016

92 and 5 Months, Chomping At The Bit

It ain't easy to become a Body Attached To Pills.

First you have to be either growing old or be old. Every month, looking down at the grass, counts so 92 and 5 months really counts. Also gives you a taste of being a kid who was always 'going on' something.

As you grow older the quantity of pills increases. These days, my pills total 7 and include a water pill, stool softener and a 'heart pill'. That so I'm covered from head to toe. It doesn't include the stuff I shoot up my nose for my sinuses.

At 92, you measure your life in months. When the appointment person at the VA made a mid May appointment for me I thanked him for his optimism on my longevity.

Due in a major way to Jim and Sheila Ochowicz plus Jen Donat who inspired me to continue when I felt like slacking off of being a fitness freak. They made me feel special all the time for being old and active. Even I did look, at 89, look ridiculous, pot belly and all, in tight cycling clothes, expensive or not.

Not updating my Facebook is a no brainer since I currently look like an emaciated pill.

Up, Up and Away in My Flying Balloon still looking down at the grass.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bernie,
You are an amazing man on many, many fronts. Your know about many things and you always give good, positive advice that often makes me laugh even when it's peppered with profanity. You are a one in a million. Your numbers are only numbers. You defy these numbers. You always have. Keep defying them in your head. You will get better and feel better soon. So what if you take some pills. They help you to function better. You are such a vital person and you have a huge fan club all over the world. You are very much loved and respected by many people. Keep writing your blogs and sending the great things you read. It's amazing to see the strength of human spirit and your sense of humor about the aging process. Keep looking at the grass. It's there for you to look at and walk on. I love you, Bernie. You are the BEST!!!!!
Maria xoxoxo

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.