Monday, November 11, 2013

A Punishing Wife, George Soros, Stanley Druckenmiller, A Winner

'Wha'd I do?' The Princess would stop talking to me, sometimes for days at a time, and I didn't, often times know why. So, my plaintive question was, 'Wha'd I do?'

After a day or two or three of keeping me in the fucking deep freeze, the Princess often responded by saying, 'If you don't know what you did, what is the point in my telling you?' Just like being hung from a tree, left swinging in the fucking wind and not knowing why you're being hung.

But a day or two in the deep freeze, being punished for reasons that I knew, were as common as an old shoe. Silence was the Princess's weapon of choice. Sadly, she passed that piece of bullshit DNA onto the kids. More of a WASP perfected trait than one belonging to Jews, Irish Catholics and Italians. Don't know about Muslims and Buddhists.

What comes into our non WASP heads comes out of our non WASP mouths. Head to mouth without a filter serves a real purpose. It clears one's head of garbage. Prevents personal ulcers. However, constantly saying what you think contributes to giving others ulcers. No problem.


~And up pops George Soros with my letter to a friend:

 Dear Mike,

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to share your political thoughts with me, plus your comment about the very smart and very, very greedy, chubby, George Soros.

Soros is, in my view, a stock market operator who is morally bankrupt. Many years ago Soros controlled a small, public company called Crystal Oil. Soros had a guy named Bill Goff running it. My experience with Goff was that he, Goff, was basically not trustworthy. He was a stock market front runner and dealt in inside information while EVP of Sabine Royalty, an oil and gas company out of Dallas.

Fortunately, thank God, Goff really, really, disliked me. To give your life balance you need people who like you and people who dislike you. People pleasers who want everyone to like them are very boring, innocuous to say the least. It took about 10 likes to offset Goff's virulent dislike of me. Gotta have balance in my life.

Ashley Priddy was the CEO of Sabine, a company that his Father started. Ashley was as straight as a die. Wouldn’t say 'shit' if he had a mouthful. To those who knew us, Ashley and I were indeed the odd couple.

Being a consultant to Sabine and a friend of Ashley, a wonderful human being, was a great privilege for this lower case bronx jew. When Ashley was hospitalized at the Stanford Hospital we often went to dinner at the Fish House in Palo Alto. We laughed like crazy through dinner. I sponsored, aka paid for, a surprise roast of Ashley with about 100 in attendance, in the Thanksgiving Tower about 9 months before Ashley, sadly, passed away from cancer.

After Ashley passed away the BOD of Sabine made Goff the CEO of Sabine. On a trip to NY/Wall Street, Goff bragged that he was going to leverage up debt free Sabine to prevent a hostile takeover so as to secure his job.

When I heard this I phoned Robert Priddy in Wichita Falls and on the board of Sabine and told him of Goff's insider trading of Sabine shares and of Goff's leveraging plans for Sabine. Robert Priddy was very proud of Sabine and not about to let Goff make Sabine his toy. Robert went berserk and a short while later Goff was gone from Sabine.

So, one night I'm out to dinner with my friend Stanley Druckenmiller telling him this sordid tale. Stanley, who was with Soros at the time, asked me, as a favor, to tell the story to Soros with emphasis on Goff's inside trading. So I did and Soros's reaction was, to quote Georgie Porgie, 'What's wrong with that?'

While in Soros's office his head trader rushed into the room, bragging about a hugely profitable trade in Texaco shares based, absolutely, on inside information which she got from her boyfriend who was big time at Solomon Bros.

BTW The famous Soros English pound trade was Stanley's idea though Soros did expand its size. Soros is in my view, a very, very smart, exceedingly rich, BUM, in caps. Today, he would be in jail. And after Soros saw the light, replaced Goff, Crystal Oil became a very profitable investment for Soros. 

Yeah, the Princess insisted on 'being her own person' and also fought mightily to make me 'her person' as well.

Soros proved that sometimes the difference between being right or wrong is that you're surely wrong when you get caught.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Bernie, please keep 'em coming.

Dan G.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bernie—
Re: Princesses
"If my wife isn't mad at me... I know I'm not 'Having Fun!'"
Ricky from Canada

Unknown said...

Ouch! - you know the princess I lived with for 20 years. They refuse to really engage and communicate while holding the grudge tightly.
I have met other people that have met George all had the same conclusion - may he rot with his bad karma.

Unknown said...

Andrew B